Terms & Conditions
- All seats are fully reserved and must be booked and paid for in advance.
- Bookings made by telephone will be acknowledged verbally at the time of booking and an email confirmation will be sent. Bookings made by new customers without an email address will be confirmed by post, with a copy of our terms and conditions.
- Payment for bookings made by credit or debit card will be taken in full using our secure payment gateway at the time of booking. Transactions will be processed in pound sterling and will appear on your statement as 'Torbay Express'. A charge of 2.5% will be added to all credit card transactions. Cheques should be made payable to 'Torbay Express'.
- Boarding passes and confirmed travel information will normally be despatched at least 5 days before the departure date. Please pay particular attention to the departure and arrival times when notified as these may vary from the projected times by up to an hour earlier or later.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that the advertised routing, locomotive(s), coaching stock, timings and other particulars will be as published. Please note that Torbay Express (’the Company’) reserves the right to alter these at any time due to circumstances outside the Company's control and as a consequence shall not incur any liability for any such alterations to any person who has bought, or contracted to buy, a boarding pass or passes, as a result of any such changes.
- The Company shall have no liability for information provided by agents and third parties claiming to act on its behalf unless such information has been confirmed in writing by the Company.
- The Company shall incur no liability for delays, curtailment, alterations, mishaps or other events that may arise on the day of operation as a result of circumstances outside the Company's control. In the event of curtailment of the rail operation, the Company will take every reasonable step to return customers to their joining stations, possibly using alternative means of transport.
- If an excursion is cancelled by the Company a full refund will be made, but no other liability shall be incurred.
- Boarding passes are issued subject to the conditions within this website and your application for, and use of, the boarding pass(es) constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The steam locomotive allocated to each train may vary and no guarantee can be given as to the availability of any individual locomotive. Should the designated locomotive be declared unfit to commence or continue the outward service, it may become necessary to substitute another locomotive. In such circumstances we would make a £15 per person refund or issue a £30 credit voucher to Standard Class passengers, £20 refund or £40 credit voucher for First Class passengers, and a £25 refund or £50 credit voucher for Premier Dining passengers. No other liability shall be incurred.
- Any issues arising during the excursion should be raised straight away with your carriage steward so that the matter can be rectified. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction a complaint form must be requested from your carriage steward and sent to the Booking Office within two weeks of the excursion date.
- To comply with our Train Operating Company contracts, it is now a condition of travel that passengers do not lean out of the carriage windows whilst the train is moving.
Customer Cancellation or Booking Alteration
Part Fares and Reduced Fares
- Any change made after a booking has been made and confirmed may attract an alteration fee of £10.
- We ask that any cancellations are made in writing by email or post to avoid any mis-understanding.
- All refunds will be made by credit note, which can be used in payment for future excursions. Cancellation charges may apply if payments are transferred to another excursion at your request.
- Travel and cancellation insurance is highly recommended for full protection and peace of mind.
- Refund will be considered in accordance with the following scale for day excursions, expressed as a percentage of the total value of the booking:
- over 28 days before the date of running - 90%,
- between 14 and 28 days before the date of running - 75%,
- between 5 and 13 days before the date of running - 50%,
- within 5 days of the date of running - nil.
- 'Part Fares' and 'Reduced Fares' are available at the discretion of the relevant company and will generally only be available between advertised joining stations.